PE and Sport Premium 2016-2017
The government is continuing to provide a PE and Sport Premium for primary-aged pupils on the same basis as last year; to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
The allocation for this academic year 2016/2017 is calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6, therefore the grant is £8,000 plus £5 per pupil, giving a total of £8,230. Schools are free to determine how best to use this grant to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels of which they are capable.
A measurable and sustained improvement in school PE and sport, underpinned by high-quality teaching that increases participation levels in physical activity, and leads to healthier pupils who are more engaged across the whole curriculum. This will be our legacy to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Below are the details of how we have planned to allocate the grant:
- Subscription to the School Sport Partnership, enabling pupils to access a range of activities and participate in interschool collaboration;
- Some of the grant will be used to cover the cost of transport to attend the different sporting events within the partnership, being a small school in a rural area;
- Learning Enhancement – provide places for pupils at after school sport clubs, one night a week;
- Further develop the enhancement of the main playground area by using some of the grant to enhance activities and games that will encourage all pupils in school to be active and exercise regularly;
- To pay for additional swimming lessons for pupils in years 5 and 6.