Mrs Wrightson and her husband are pleased to announce that they are expecting their first baby in October. I am sure that you will join with me in congratulating them and wishing them lots of happiness and cuddles with their new addition to the family.
Our theme this term continues to be “Where in the World?” The children have had lots of wonderful experiences and this will continue this half term too.
Tour de Yorkshire
The Tour de Yorkshire was a great success and a massive thank you to all of the adults that accompanied us to watch the race. We had a wonderful afternoon and one child commented that “it was better than Christmas!” Therefore, I am sure the children enjoyed themselves.
Parent meeting with Mr Ludlow
Thank you to all of the parents that attended the meeting with Mr Ludlow, both he and Mr Acaster (The Chair of Trustees) commented on the very warm welcome that they received and how supportive our parents are. This was great to hear and I hope we can continue to work closely together to ensure that your children receive the best education possible.
Term time holidays are not authorised by the school or academy for any reason and fines will be issued for any child that is absent for more than 10 sessions which is 5 consecutive days. Whilst we appreciate that holidays are cheaper the amount of learning that your child misses is significant.
Returning during a term from a holiday can often be stressful for the children as they are trying to catch up on learning that the other children have completed leaving gaps for them.
Parents must complete a request for absence from school in exceptional circumstances form and submit this to the school, allowing for sufficient time to enable the school to consider the request and inform parents of the decision.
Where parents do not follow the school’s procedures of submitting a request and simply remove their child without seeking prior approval, a warning may not be given and you may be liable for a penalty notice.
For further information, please see the school website.
Key Stage 1 and 2 SATS
The SATs for both year 6 and 2 went well and we are extremely proud of the children for their perseverance, resilience and hard work. Tests are never easy and regardless of the outcome we know our children tried their best and that is all that we can ask. The results from these tests will be officially reported with the school reports.
We are currently waiting for the final planning permission to go through for our new Foundation Stage classroom. We will keep you updated as we know more.
If you know of any children that are due to start school, please encourage them to come and have a look around and see the fabulous school that we have here.
After school club and Breakfast club are still available to all parents on a first come, first served basis every day.
The after school club is planned based on the interests of the children that attend and Miss Jones does a fabulous job with this.
From September, the cost of these will increase slightly. Breakfast club will be £2.50 per child and after school, club will be £3.00 per child. This is the first price increase in over 2 years and is because the cost of running the clubs has increased while the income has remained the same.
Please can children bring their PE Kit in to school at the beginning of each week so that we can practice for Sports’ Day. Sports’ Day is the 28th June.
The PTFA are working extremely hard behind the scene to prepare for the summer fair, which will follow our Sports’ Day on Thursday 28th June. There will be a bouncy castle, pocket money games, a raffle and a delicious BBQ so no need to cook the tea that night.
They are always keen to welcome new members and can be contacted through the school office if you would like to volunteer.
To read the latest and learn more about how the General Data Protection Regulations affect the school please see the link on the school website.
Dates for the Diary
- Tuesday 5 June – Team 4 golf training please remember your PE kit.
- Week commencing 11 June – Phonics screening for Year 1 pupils.
- Thursday 14 June – 9.15 am – EYFS Collective Worship to parents
- Tuesday 19 June – 9.15 am – Year 3/4 Collective Worship to parents
- Wednesday 20 June – 1.30pm – 2.30 pm Stay and play for the new Foundation Stage intake.
- Friday 22 June – Science morning at Hornsea Secondary for year 6 pupils.
- Wednesday 27 June – Hornsea transition day for Year 6.
- Thursday 28 June – Sports’ Day and Summer Fair
- Friday 29 June – school closed for pupils
- Tuesday 3 July – 3.00 pm – Violin Assembly to parents.
- Thursday 5 July – reserve Sports’ Day (just in case!)
- Tuesday 10 July – 4 pm – Drama club performance to parents.
- Wednesday 11 July – Growing up, delivered by the school nurse – Year 6
- Thursday 12 July – reports to parents
- Tuesday 17 July – Year 4, 5 and 6 performance. 2pm and 6pm. There will be no drama club after school this evening.
- Wednesday 18 July – Open afternoon. 2.30pm – 5 pm Come and let your child show you the work that they are proud of this year.
- Thursday 19 July – 6.00pm Leavers’ BBQ
- Friday 20 July – 11.00am – Leavers’ Service
- Friday 20 July – 3.30pm – School closes for the summer. There will be no after-school sports club on this evening.
We would like to thank you in advance for a fabulous year and for all of your support as we move the school forward. Have a fantastic summer holiday and we will see you again on Monday 3 September 2018.
Download a copy of this newsletter here